- Improving Front Line Service Staff & Overall Customer Service
- Offering the right Product at the right time to the right person both online & offline
- Listening to their customers feedback & acting on it religiously
- Introducing a new Marketing Strategy online & offline with a new focus on Social Media
Basically, they identified that tough times were ahead and when Carolynne Harrison, Sales & Marketing Manager joined them back in August 2009, they pledged that they would not be defeated and their first focus would be on the 'Customer Experience', from the second they clicked on our website or called us, to booking, to arriving, to dining, to sleeping, departing and reviewing their stay. Carolynne is surprised at how big an impact some basic 'tweaking' can have on a business and they have seen the results almost immediately! She is also delighted that some of their recent customers who complained about their recent stay are now some of their most loyal - all because they made sure their complaint was dealt with professionally and empathetcally.
- July 2010 was the hotel's busiest month since the hotel opened in 1984!
- They achieved their highest ever occupancy, even though they have 140 bedrooms, they were mostly fully booked each night!
- Since January 2010 to today they have had more than 700% increases in online revenue & bookings
- In May, June & July they consistently broke records in the highest ever online revenue
- They are number 7 in Ireland top Facebook hotels
- Their guests are staying longer, spending more and most of them will book 1/2 days in advance (short lead time)
- According to Google Analytics, they are 100% above the average visits their competitors get to their site - meaning their website is superbly optimized
- They have had a phenomenal upsurge in bookings from Iphone & Ipads
- Bookassist are trialling a new 'model' where you can book a hotel directly on Facebook and The Mount Errigal is delighted to be working with them on this trial
The hotel is delighted by its recent success and hopes that everyone can feel optimistic by their recent journey, Carolynne Harrison Believes that great things are done by a series of small things brought together and she believes that is is much more important to know where you are going rather than getting there quickly!